Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 4

Hello again,
We had a wonderful week. People are finally accepting invitations to be baptized again and we even had 6 investigators at church yesterday! Tessie (Daisy) and Elis are still doing well. They were both able to recieve blessings this week to help them overcome chewing beetlenut. Tessie has already read all of 1Nephi-2Nephi in less than two weeks and they both still really want to be baptized but are working up the courage to tell their families about it. 

Last monday Elder Lefevre was cutting the Elders hair. I haven't even had a trim since I started my mission so I asked him to do mine too. He said he would do it if he could trim it with his razor. He ended up doing a good job and now I know how to trim long hair with a razor too. I think it's probably just as easy to use scissors though. 

Yesterday one of the little girls at church asked me "Kowe mehnia" (where are you from). I replied "Ngeh mehn Idaho" (I'm from Idaho). She gave me a funny look and said "Ke sehse ia wasa ke mehnia?" (You don't know where you are from). I then told her again, and the third time I had to write out the name, Idaho, on a paper. She can understand some English so when I said "Idaho" she thought I was saying "I don't know." :)

We were teaching a lesson this last week and one of the men was reading a scripture when a spider the size of a half-dollar ran onto his book. He glanced at it and just kept reading. After he was done he lifted up his book and the spider came leaping across the floor right to me. I jumped up and ran and I think I gave everybody a shock. They just laughed and laughed. Sister Varea was laughing so hard that she just had me finish the lesson on my own because she couldn't talk. No one here is really afraid of spiders because none of them are poisonous. I still can't bring myself to just let them crawl on me though. 

Meagan (a member that joins us to go out teaching), climbed a cavica tree on Friday and knocked some down for us with a long stick while we stood at the bottom and caught them. They are very delicious. They almost have the taste and texture of a macantosh apple except a little sweeter. 

Well, I still love you all just as much as ever. Mom and Dad I pray for you two every day. I know the Lord is pleased with all the work you are doing out in Guayana. That is wonderful that so many people were able to recieve eye exams and glasses. I know that project probably softened lots of hearts. I also know the people who donated all that time and money will be greatly blessed for their service to others. See, they killed two birds with one stone.
Until next week,
Sister Beutler
My little home here in Kolonia

No comments: