Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, October 14, 2013

This was an event filled week. I broke out with oozing sores all over my arms and one side of my face. They continued to get bigger and nastier every day so I went to the doctor on Tuesday. She told me I had a bad case of impetigo. Anyway, she gave me an antibiotic and some sulfur soap. I am happy to report that all the sores are almost completely gone. :)

We found a girl named Mimi who is 17 and she is truly searching to know more about God. I enjoy teaching teenagers because they always have so many questions and it's fun to see their faces light up when something clicks for them.

While walking through a jungle area, a bug flew on my lip and bit it before I even had time to react. My lip swelled up a bit but all is well now.

We contacted a referral on Friday and as we got to know him he told us of some elders that used to teach him when he was young. I asked if they'd gone back to him many times. He said they had and that he'd even gotten baptized. The funny thing is, this isn't the first time something like that has happened. It seems like there are lost members all over Kolonia that we just happen to find. It strengthened my testimony that the Lord knows how to guide His servants to His lost sheep who are ready to come back.

We just started teaching the lady from Azerbaijan. On Saturday we showed up right as she was getting her house organized and we helped her move her bed and furniture around. She was leaving to go swimming with a friend but invited us for dinner. We went yesterday and she made some very delicious food. It was hard to get some gospel discussion in with all she had to say but I think it will be fun to start teaching her. Right now she mostly just needs a friend. She's going to come to our dance class on Wednesday and hopefully she'll be able to meet lots of branch members there.

We have a couple little boys in one area that like to follow us around and sit in our lessons whenever we go to that road. They always add a bit of humor to my life and it's funny to hear the random little tid-bits they have to share about the gospel during the lessons. The best part is that they actually know the gospel well and the investigators like having them there.
I hope you all have a miracle filled week,
With Love,
Sister Amy Beutler

No comments: