Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year

Hello Hello,
I had such a nice Christmas this past week. Your second Christmas on the mission is so much more fun than your first. I was already over the weirdness of not being with family, the heat outside and such from last year so I was just able to enjoy my unique Christmas on Pohnpei this year. 
Monday we had proselyting all day and then Tuesday (Christmas Eve) we had our P-day/Missionary Christmas Dinner/Pohn Rakied Christmas Party. At the Pohn-Rakied party, all the Kirinese members had made handicrafts for all the missionaries and we drew a number to see which one we would receive. I received a lovely hand-carved shark and a turtle made of shells. What kind and giving people I am blessed to serve among.
That evening all the Sisters slept together in Kolonia and we had a nice Christmas breakfast, devotional, and gift exchange together Christmas morning. We went back to our areas for the afternoon and spent all Christmas day going to family get-togethers we had been invited to, and eating until our stomachs almost burst.  
The best part of all was the day after Christmas when I got to skype all of you. it was so good to see all of your happy healthy faces and to hear that all is well back home. 
As for the missionary work, our Christmas baptism and wedding did not go through due to sakau in both instances. January is looking to be a good month though.
Oh how I love you all.
Sister Beutler

No comments: