Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Rahnalem!!!
It is exciting to hear all the news going on at home this week. I was surprised to hear about all the new mission calls in Dayton Ward. I can't believe those boys are all grown up and going out to serve missions already. I didn't realize that Joelyn wouldn't have a mamma and papa to be welcoming her home. Give her all my love. I can't wait to exchange mission stories with her one day.   
Work in Sokehs has been good. There are so many in-active members and it almost breaks my heart when we sit down and talk to some of them. I can tell some of them know the truth but they have chosen to turn away from it and go back to a church that is just "easier" for them. We will continue to go a-fishing though and will never give up on them. We saw some fruit of our efforts yesterday when church attendance was higher then it has been for a long long time. 
Lately I have been hearing more and more about an Elder Dylan Beutler that served here in Pohnpei a few years back. I have no idea who he is but I can tell the people really loved him. They said he was very kind and always gave a big hug to everyone. I want to figure out who he is so I am giving you dear brothers and sisters a mission to search for him and report back promptly next week. 
In Pohnpein, the word for dog is kidi (sounds like kitty). Anyway, every once in awhile I mix up my words and call a cat a kidi. This happened the other day when a little boy was holding a kitten. I asked him the name of his kidi and he gave me a look like I had completely lost it. He then informed me that he was NOT holding a kidi, but a cat.  
We met a lady named Kiki at a small shop in Sokehs this week. We had just stopped under the overhang to wait out the rain for a couple minutes. We made a bit of small talk and then ended up teaching a lesson right there. She didn't seem too interested but when we went back she said she had been reading the Book of Mormon. She also prayed about what we taught her and she says she know it is all true. It was a lovely surprise and I'm excited about her. 
Dad, I'm so happy for you that you get to use your Chinese to teach again. It must take you back to your young missionary years. 
With Love,
Sister Beutler

No comments: