Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, September 16, 2013

So many things seem to be happening with the family these past two weeks. Esther, I would also like to hear about your trip to Nauvoo and Becky, I want to see the pictures of your house too. Mary you didn't tell me Jacob is playing the trumpet this year. I hope you were able to find my trumpet for him to use. I'm not sure where I put it but I think it's down in my room somewhere.
We had some cool and wonderful experiences the past couple days. We had the name of a young man, Miller, that we tried to contact 4 months ago. We found his house but it was in the Elder's area so we gave the name to them. They were never able to meet with him and just this past week I made that road my area again. We went to find him again and on the third try he was there. Some of his family members in another area of the island were recently baptized and he was so excited to meet with us. He can't wait to get a Book of Mormon so he can begin reading and he has such a wonderful spirit about him. 

We were able to meet with the niece of the king (Yuline) on Saturday. She was cleaning her house when we came so we helped her fold her clothes and sweep her floor. She went to talk to some boys that came to her door and when the phone rang she told me to answer. I thought she was joking but she wasn't. I answered and the mean voice of a lady was on the line. She was not happy to be talking to me and commanded me to give the phone to Yuline and Mwadang (hurry up)!!!! After Yuline was done talking she said it was the kings wife on the phone. She then asked us if we wanted to go to the kings house to attend a funeral with her. To my relief, we didn't go because Yuline doesn't like funerals. We were able to teach Yuline a lesson after cleaning and it was awesome. She is one of the coolest people I've ever met and she also seems to be searching for something more in life. I'm seeing good things from her in the future.

Yesterday we met a lady from Azerbajan. She saw us walking on the road and just came up to talk to us. She asked where I was from and what I was doing here. She was waiting for a lady to measure her windows so she could make curtains, so while waiting she told us of her adventures in Pohnpei. Before she left with the lady she pointed out her house and told us to come visit her anytime. As we walked away she added, "Oh, and you can even teach me whatever it is you have to teach." We will definitely be seeing her very soon. If that isn't a mercy from God I don't know what is.

Well, I think that is all my stories for now. May God be with all of you. Mom and Dad I hope you both have a wonderful time at your couples conference. Be careful snorkeling.

Love,
Sister Beutler

No comments: