Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hello Again my Family Dear,
I can't believe September is already over. Eve raised a question as to if I write my emails on Sunday. Just to clear that up, we are 17 hours ahead of Idaho so I'm almost a full day ahead here. I posted a couple pictures. One is of me giving my cheesiest grin while frying bananas for lunch. One is Sister Calio racing to weave a basket at our branch activity, and the final one is just some of the local food I have the opportunity to eat every day. I'm getting to the point where I crave a coconut if I haven't had one for a few days. 
Mary was telling me how small Pohnpei looks on the map. There is one main road that goes around the perimeter of island and we can drive the whole thing in about 2 hours going 30mph.
This week we got a brand new car. Some of the Elders were using it for a couple days but when we got it, it still only had about 160 miles. We have to be extra careful with it. The roads here are covered in potholes.
On Saturday we took a couple of the YSA age people with us to go contact one of their friends. When we got there the whole family (over 10 adults, the momma, and I don't even know how many children) were there. They all stopped what they were doing and sat in for the lesson. They live pretty close to the church building and I'm very hopeful that we'll at least get a few good investigators out of the family. 
I tried parrot fish for the fist time this week. It was the strangest fish I'd ever seen. It is very colorful and has a beak just like a parrot. I'll have to take a picture of one someday. 
It has been raining all morning. From what I'm told, They get more rain here in a single rainstorm than Idaho gets the entire year. I can definitely believe that. After about ten minutes of rain there are already rivers running through the streets. 
I love you all and enjoy reading your letters and emails. I was sad to here uncle Garth isn't doing well but I am glad he is getting better and will keep him in my prayers.
Remember to study the scriptures every day and treasure up the words of God. I know he gives us more knowledge the more we seek to find it. Be good boys and girls and don't take any wooden nickles.
With all my Love, 
 Sister Beutler
Some of the local food I have the opportunity to eat every day.

Sister Beutler frying Bananas

Sister Calio racing to weave a basket at our branch activity.

No comments: