Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Family Dear, 
It has been a busy week. My language day went pretty well. Sister Varea sent me on a split with Paulo. She is 20-year-old girl that doesn't know much English and didn't speak any to me. I taught one of her friends. It was really scary and I don't know how much the girl understood. I was so nervous I was forgetting words I've known since the first week here. I'm glad the first split is over with now though and I know if I just depend on the spirit it can only get better. I actually feel like I've been improving alot on the language this week. 
We had our zone conference on Saturday so we got to see President Mecham and his wife. It was so good. It's nice to receive some good instruction and President knows how to get us excited and uplift our spirits. He's excited about the change in missionary age and is hoping that if there is a big increase in sister missionaries they may start sending sisters to Kosrae and Yap! We also had baked potatoes, rolls, salad, and jello for dinner. It was the first potato I've had since I've been here. 
Our district went to the Nan Madal ruins today. It is an ancient city built of rocks. Nobody knows what happened to the people and half the city is sunk in the ocean now. It was really cool. I also got to meet the Nanmwarki (King). I guess he owns the land with the ruins. I didn't know who he was until he left and the Elders told me, so I wasn't able to get a picture with him. 
We get to watch general conference this next Saturday and Sunday. It won't be too long of a wait this time around.
Love you all,
Sister Beutler
Pictures-*All the sister missionaries in our Pohnpein skirts.
*My Best attempt at a jack-o-lantern. They don't celebrate Halloween in Sapwalap and don't really grow pumpkins.
*Some of the Elders at the Nan Madal ruins
 
All the sister missionaries in our Pohnpein skirts

My Best attempt at a jack-o-lantern

Some of the Elders at the Nan Madal ruins
 

No comments: