Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Transfer Week

It has been a really good week for Sister Varea and I. We taught lots of lessons and we continue to find good investigators. I've been happy with the work and I'm getting better and better at teaching on my own when we go on splits. Now that my twelve week program training is over I'm allowed to study the rest of the missionary library besides just the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel. I've started studying from the new testament with the seminary manual and it is really fun learning all the insights prophets, apostles, and scholars have to say about the writings in the 4 gospels.
Sister Saliau was supposed to go home on Thursday with Elder Peterson. We all went to the airport to send them off but Sister Saliau's visa expired so she wasn't allowed to get on the plane. Anyway, she is still here and has an interview with the Embassy on Tuesday. Hopefully she will be able to go home this next week. The sister that was supposed to take her place hasn't had her visa go through yet so until that happens, Sister R. Varea will join me and Sister T. Varea 4 days a week in Sapwalap and then teach in Kolonia 3 days a week with one of the senior couples. Sister R. Varea was throwing up for four days straight so Sister Saliau has just been sitting in their house studying her scriptures and waiting to go home.
We had our district conference (like stake conference) yesterday. All the members on the island came to Sapwalap so our branch deep cleaned the church building from top to bottom. The mission president, one of his counselors, and his wife spoke along with some of the other leaders of the Pohnpei district. The ones that spoke in English had someone translate for them so they would only say a couple sentences at a time. Their talks were really good though. 
I pray every night for all of you to receive the blessings promised to those who lead righteous lives. I can also feel all your prayers in my life. Yes momma, my testimony continues to grow leaps and bounds every day. 
Love, Sister Beutler
Me, Awalt, and Roger cleaning fish for dinner.

No comments: