Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mom and Dad,
I received your letters on Thanksgiving Day. I was so happy to get some real letters from both of you and I return my love. Dad, I do stay very busy and we teach lots of lessons. The people here are all willing to listen, we just have to be observant enough to know which ones really want to hear and which ones are just being polite. It was good to here about your teaching experiences.
Family,
The people here don't really celebrate Thanksgiving but the missionaries got together in the evening and ate an excellent meal with all the traditional Thanksgiving food. The couple missionaries prepared it all for us. We even had turkey and pumpkin pie. The Lefevre's said they put pictures of it on the mission blog.  [This is the link http://alanmelanielefevre.blogspot.com/]
We had a baptism in Sapwalap this weekend that I was able to go to on the condition that I give the Restoration talk. I was a little nervous to give a talk in Pohnpein but it went really well and I didn't even have to use notes.
I was really sad to leave Sapwalap. Yesterday we went on splits in Sokehs. I went with a middle aged lady that I didn't really know and we taught investigators I'd never met. It was hard but I hope to get to know the people fast.
Mom: my mailing address is the same as long as I'm on this island. There is just one P.O. box and the zone leaders get our mail for us.
I love you all.
Sister Beutler

No comments: