Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello again,
Our transfer was supposed to end last Sunday, but when our district leader called for our transfer call we were told that this transfer is going to be extended two weeks so that we are in-sync with the MTC transfers. Anyway, everyone in the whole mission will be extending their mission for two more weeks now. The rumors are that all the new missionaries will be coming at the end of this transfer. That means our island will probably be splitting some big areas very soon. Yay!
We were teaching Ansleen (the little girl that was just baptized last week), and before the lesson started she was getting a big kick out of pointing out all the parts of my body that were white. Then, in the middle of the lesson she turned to Sister Varea and said "look at her ears."  Sister Varea replied, "What about them," she then said "They're white too," and burst out laughing. 
We picked up an old investigator this week who told us she just got a new baby. She has four boys and wanted a girl so when her sister had a baby girl she asked if she could have it. Sister Varea says on all the islands it's very common to adopt your siblings children if you want them and the mother consents. 
When we ate dinner with a member family this week, one of the little girls started teaching me a traditional Pohnpein stick song/dance. Most of their cultural dances have disappeared so only selected people still know a few.  
I hope you are all still doing well. I was sad to hear that President Winward passed away. He was one I definitely expected to still be around when I came home. 
Esther, I know you always write an end of the year letter. I just wanted you to know that I have been waiting very patiently to receive it :)
I send all my love,
Sister Beutler

No comments: