Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, July 22, 2013

We had zone conference this week. It was lovely as usual.
I'm getting really excited about one of our investigators. Her name is Mither and she is doing wonderful. She made it to church yesterday and she is so excited about finding this church. She and her husband are not officially married but we taught chastity and she agreed that they must get married. She talked to her husband and it sounds like it's a go. We'll be attending a wedding sometime in the near future. 
I was on an exchange with Sister Vave most of this week because they wanted her close to the hospital. I miss my Sister Ioane, but I get her back today!
While Sister Vave and I were walking in the dark Wednesday night I could've sworn something pinched my ankle I was afraid it was a crab and kicked my foot hard. As a result my shoe went flying and I heard it hit a bush. We had a little flashlight so I looked and looked for it for about ten minutes. I then said a little prayer and looked again but no luck. There were just too many plants around. Just as I was about to give up and go recruit a search party of children, a young man came out of the darkness and asked what was wrong. I explained what had happened  and after having a good laugh he went over to look. Within 20 seconds he had found it. This sounds like a dumb little story you might find in The Friend, but I believe that boy was an answer to my prayer. 
The power has been out a lot this week. Rumour has it that the contract for the generator guy is up and he left the island. They replaced him with a tree guy. As a result they have been cutting down all the trees along the road and now the power goes off daily. Isn't life fun in Pohnpei?!    
Love you all,
Sister Beutler

No comments: