Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, August 5, 2013

A Big Week

So much has happened this week. I received a call Monday night from the Zone Leaders letting me know I would be training again and I would be flying to Guam in the morning. Tuesday Morning we got to the airport and the flight was cancelled so I just stayed in Pohnpei. On Friday my new companion came. Her name is Sister Komra. She is from Vanuatu. She speaks French and Pislama and just started learning English while she was in the MTC for 12 days. Pislama is kind of like Pigian so it is sort of close to English but kind of not. Anyway, it is interesting teaching her English and Pohnpein at the same time. She is really positive though and she works hard so we'll do just fine together. She comes from an island with no cars and no electricity. Things that seem so common and simple to me are so new to her.

One of our members in Sapwalap is in an "I'm a Mormon" video. It is called "I'm a spear fisherman, I'm a Pohnpein, I'm a mormon" You should all look it up and watch it. It's a nice look into what Pohnpei is like.
We taught a family this week which has two children in it that are only three months apart in age. I asked how that happened and they had no idea. It just did. The girl was born November 1993 and the boy in January 1994. They have the same mother and father. They think they must have been twins and one was just ready before the other. I guess it's just a mystery.
 Much love and God speed to all of you,
 Sister Beutler
 

No comments: