Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, August 12, 2013




Hello my dear family,
Not much to write today, but I did have a few really good experiences to share from this week. One was just on Saturday when many appointments were falling through and I was starting to feel discouraged. We were walking down the road when a whole group of our young members (13/14-years-olds) called out to us and told us to come sarawi (have a lesson) with them. I looked back and saw they had a young lady with them who usually gives us dirty looks but she was smiling at as this time. We took the opportunity and had a really good lesson. All the kids bore their testimonies at the end. It really lifted my spirits that day.
 Yesterday we taught a young man and woman who had been taught a couple years ago but were eventually dropped. We reviewed the restoration and then I asked if they had ever prayed about out teaching. The boy, Kenny, said he had prayed a long time ago. I asked him what happened when he prayed. He got a bit emotional and took a long time to say anything but finally told us that he knew that Book of Mormon and everything we teach is true. He accepted a baptismal date right then and there and said he is really going to be serious about this. It was such a miracle that we found him. I know he has been prepared to recieve this gospel.
Rachel, I think I may not have joined you in your huckleberry make-up doing. Well, maybe on my lips but I don't think I could bring myself to squeeze it on my eyelids.
Yes momma, the girl in the picture I sent last week is my new companion.

 

Pictures this week:Pohnpei has lots of funny road signs so I thought I'd just share a couple with all of you.
Loving you all more every day,
Sister Beutler

No comments: