Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, August 13, 2012


Dear Family,
    I can't believe how fast I have progressed here, when I don't have all the little things to worry about. I have been able to focus on improving the things I didn't even realize I had a problem with before.
    I got my travel plans this week. We will be leaving Tuesday at 3:00 am. Our flight leaves Salt Lake at 6:00 am. and goes to San Fransisco. From there we will go straight to Guam. After figuring out the time changes we decided our flight is about 20 hours and when we get there we will skip like a whole day. 
    The food is still good and I continue to grow plumper every day.
    I see Elder Stegelmier pretty frequently. He seems pretty happy to be here and is doing well. My companion calls him Elder Stooglemier. I don't think he can say her name correctly either though. Right now I'm washing my clothes and listening to the Elders from Germany & Denmark. Their accents make me happy. They are having a discussion with the Elders in my district about what we call our three middle toes.
    Gym time is still much looked forward to. My favorite is playing basketball with Sister Landry. She is from Mississippi and she's one of my favorites. Another one of my favorites is Sister Gur. She's a big sturdy gal who is very funny & down to earth.
    During the devotionals I enjoy listening to all the funny noises (along with the talks of course). There are the constant sniffs, coughs, and pen clicks; but it is the most exciting when the speaker says something really profound. All the heads go down followed by a chorus of pen clicks. Then the heads pop up one by one and pens click again.
     Elder Gilman was sick yesterday so he went to the doctor and came back with a prescription for a 12-hour nap.
    We usually teach 2 or 3 discussions a day with our progressing investigators. Sister Fatongia and I are learning a lot. We definitely have things to work on but we learn more every day.
    I see Sister Beutler (Wayne's daughter) all the time. We pretty much have the same schedule. It's good to get to know the cousins I knew existed but never really talked to.
   I met Elder Mahu Yesterday. He is in the new district in our zone. He said Nathan is his uncle and he lived in Dayton 'til he was about 4. (I think she meant Mihu)
    I have been trying to drink my cranberry juice every day. Mary, I am feeling very sad for you that the big lawn mower isn't working. Best of luck with that. I'm not all that disappointed about missing the first bean picking but I'm sure you had a blast without me! That is very exciting. I'm glad all the nieces and nephews haven't forgotten about me yet. Could you send me a list of our family with their birthdays? I wouldn't want to forget.
    I nearly forgot. I am allowed to call my family while I am in the airport. I'm not really sure who to call. The only number I have memorized is Mary's, so I will call her and go from there. Probably not until I get to the San Francisco airport though. Which will be around 8:00 am. your time.
    Mom & Dad, it was good to receive your emails. I'm glad the Elders enjoyed reading my letter. I told Elder Creech to try and find you. I didn't think he would actually remember.
    It sounds like you are both getting more comfortable with your mission responsibilities. Thank you for the words of support. I love you both very much as well as the rest of the family. May God Bless You. We are all very blessed.
    With Love,
          Sister Beutler

No comments: