Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, August 5, 2012


Dear Family,
        The MTC is great! I don’t think I would’ve said that a couple days ago but I’m getting used to everything and don’t feel so much out of my comfort zone anymore.
        Sister Fatongia and I are still getting along well and she even runs with me. I am also becoming good friends with the other two sisters in my district. Our whole district is wonderful and we are just like a family now after only a week. We all strive to be obedient with exactness and there are no complainers.
        The cafeteria is a magical place! There are always at least 4 main dishes to choose from, several different desserts, all the fruit you can eat, and any drink you could ever want including juices, milk, & chocolate milk. So far I have gained 3 pounds.   I am, however, still under 135, so it’s O.K.
        During gym time we can go to the field, the gym, or the fitness center and they have all the equipment you could ever need for working-out and other games.  I even found 3 other Sisters that like basketball so we’ve played 2 on 2.
        We are supposed to all prepare a talk on the topic chosen for the week and be prepared to speak for sacrament meeting.  They always choose one Sister and one Elder to speak once we get into the meeting.  I got to be the lucky Sister chosen so I gave my talk on faith.  I was nervous to talk in front of all the missionaries in my zone but it went just fine.
                I met another sister Beutler.  She lives just a few doors down from me.  She is Uncle Mark’s & Aunt Joyce’s granddaughter.  The boy that plays the 14-year-old Joseph Smith in the Joseph Smith Movie came on the same day as me too!  He actually has dark red hair.  He calls my companion Sister Samari because she always wears a bun on top of her head.
        You can send me free letters through Dear Elder.com while I am in the MTC .  I only have 30 min. to be on the internet so there isn’t much time for me to read and send emails.  My email here is (amy.beutler@myldsmail.net). 
        We have 4 different people we are teaching some of the people are our teachers role playing a convert they know, and others are actors at the TRC who are either actually investigators or  they are converts who are acting as themselves before they were converted.  Sister Fatongia and I are getting more and more comfortable with teaching.
        I was in the MTC choir for the devotional on Tuesday.  It was so exciting to be in a choir where the men out-number the women.
        I am learning so much here.  At the Tuesday devotional my favorite quote was:  “If you have a problem; Solve It.  If you want results; Do the Work!”  Besides all my mission goals, I have made two personal goals for myself while I am out here:  I will never say unkind things about others, and I will not complain about the rules.  I’ve had to catch myself a few times, but it is so much easier to improve yourself when the spirit is with you always and you are surrounded by so many other people who are trying to improve themselves.
        I got sick the third day out.  I had a sore throat, was freezing all day, and felt shaky.  I was a naughty girl though and went to class and all my scheduled events anyway.  I don’t think my body was used to eating so much sugar, so I laid-off the desserts for a while and got feeling better quickly.
        Sundays are the best.  This is my first P-day and it’s pretty good too.  Some days for zone teaching, the Sisters are paired up with Elders.  That’s always an interesting experience.  Teaching with an Elder is much different than with a Sister, especially when I don’t know him.
P.S.          I haven’t seen Elder Stegelmier yet but I am keeping my eyes open for him.  I think that is everything.  May God bless you all.  I love you guys and hope to hear back from you soon.
                                        Love/Sister Beutler
P.S.S-My estimated departure date is August 14

No comments: