Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, May 20, 2013

Another Sunny Week in Pohnpei

Hello my family dear,
This was such a rewarding week. Sister Ioane and I have been praying a lot to find prepared people in our new area and God has answered our prayers. Things weren't working out well at the beginning of the week as far as appointments went, but everytime an appointment fell through, it led us to finding new families to talk to before we moved on. Our investigator pool is continuing to grow and we are staying nice and busy.
 
Saturday we were able to attend a wonderful baptism of 7 people in our branch. They weren't my investigators but they were all people I had taught many times in my old areas. The mother and father of the Andon family finally got baptised along with their two youngest children. Sister Varea and I had taught them all the lessons two times over but Bro. Andon's smoking addiction was the only thing stopping them. He was finally able to give it up and they were all baptised. I've never seen them so happy as they were Saturday night.
 
Wednesday we were walking out on a jungle path to one of our investigators homes. A man who was either drunk or high on something spotted us and came a runnin'. He began following us insisting that we write his name down in our "little books" and make an appointment to come see him. I decided to just humor him so I wrote his name down in the back of my planner and said maybe we'd see him on Sunday if we had time. He was satisfied by my response and walked away. I had completely forgotten about him until yesterday (Sunday). We were clear out on the other side of town teaching a lesson at a lady's house when he appeared at her window. Seeing me, he made sure to remind us that it was Sunday and he was ready to meet with us. He then turned to my investigator and asked if he could have some money to buy marajuana. She gave him a good Scotch Blessing and chased him away. We then resumed our lesson and it turned out just swell.
I'd send pictures of the baptism but I'm using a dumb computer today. Maybe next week.
Oh, it was awesome to hear about the WS track teams. What an exciting weekend for our community!
God bless you all in your own missionary work.
Love,
Sister Beutler

No comments: