Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Monday, May 6, 2013

Greetings from Guam



Hafa Adai,
It's been a busy week. I just flew into Guam this morning. We got a call Saturday morning from the assistants telling us that we would be on the midnight flight Sunday night to pick up our new trainees. All 4 of us will be taking 4 new sisters back to Pohnpei with us. We have no idea who they are or where they are from yet. Guam is so weird though. It feels like I stepped into a completely different world. There are malls and fast food places and the roads are soo nice.
We are staying with the Sisters here and get to meet the new missionaries on Thurday. Then we fly back Friday morning. The zone leaders haven't been able to find and new "safe" housing for the two new companionships yet so each of our tiny little houses will be squeezing 4 sisters in for awhile. Sapwalap only has room for 3 mattresses so it is going to be an interesting few weeks for them. 
This is the last two transfers for both Sister R. and Sister T. Varea. I guess President Mecham wants to keep them nice and busy up until the very end. 
I know some funny stuff happened this week but I don't have my journal with me and have only gotten 3 hrs of sleep in the past day and a half so I can't seem to remember anything. Sokehs is doing well though. Oh, yesterday I was on splits and towards the end of our lesson the Jehovah Witness missionaries showed up for an appointment with the same family. They just waited until we left but that was a bit of an awkward moment. 
Have a lovely week everyone. I will fill you all in on my new trainee next week. We are also getting a new Elder on the island. Now Pohnpei will have 26 young missionaries!
With Love, 
Sister Amy Beutler

No comments: