Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Merry Christmas!!!

Dear Family and Friends,
Well, it finally happened. I got sick for the first time since I've been out here. Sister Varea and I ate some turkey-tail at a less-active's house and that night we weren't feeling well. This morning we both woke up with diarrhea and nausea but I think it's gone through our systems because we are both feeling much better now. 
The spirit of Christmas is in the air here. Where ever we walk, we hear people wishing us a Merry Christmas from there porches, through their windows, from up in the trees, and yelling it out their car windows. Sometimes we hear "Merry Krisimas Sister Co" from a voice far away and we're not sure where it comes from. 
Our work hasn't been quite as successful this week. Everyone says they are busy getting ready for Christmas or visiting family on another part of the island. We have had some good lessons though and I try to not let is discourage me. We had a very interesting lesson with an old man the other day. I'm convinced he was a bit drunk because he was mostly just trying to quiz us on our bible knowledge. He said he was confused why the Book of Mormon didn't have the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in it. When we tried to explain what the Book of Mormon was about he just interrupted and asked what Jesus' first miracle was and so on. He was so impressed with our knowledge that he got up to shake our hands. We ended up just sharing a short scripture and our testimonies and left. 
Yesterday I was walking on the road and a breadfruit fell from the tree and exploded about 4 feet away from me. The little girls walking with us screamed and my legs and skirt got splattered with it. I personally think over-ripe breadfruit is one of the worst smelling things ever. I kind of got myself cleaned off with a few leaves. 

I've enjoyed getting the emails and Christmas wishes from my aunts and uncles. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Mom, Dad, Bros and Sistas-I think everything is set up now and I'm excited to talk to all of you tomorrow morning.
Also, I got my Christmas package last Monday but I have been a good girl and haven't opened any of my presents yet. Thank you for all the little gifts. They will make my Christmas morning extra special.  
Stay Strong,
Sister Beutler

No comments: