Mailing Address

Sister Amy Beutler
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia FM 96941
Pohnpei

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rain is Falling All Around

Family Dear,
First of all I would like to wish mom and dad a happy anniversary (It should still be the 16th in Guyana I believe). 
I received Eve's package last Monday after I wrote my emails. It was perfect. Now my little house looks all ready for Christmas. I am also very much enjoying the music from Becky and Jason. 
It has been raining soooo much this week. We have defiantly made good use of our umbrella's. I think I'll have to get a larger one soon. Yesterday it was blowing hard and my stomach and head were the only things that didn't get soaked. 
I'm really loving teaching these people in Kolonia. We have one older Yappese woman who told us she is on her quest for truth and she has narrowed it down to the Jehovah Witness church and our church. I was excited to find a Yappese Book of Mormon in our house and we gave it to her the next day. The best part is that it is translated completely and she actually reads it. I know she will get her answer soon and will be a great influence to her family in the future.  
One of our golden investigators that disappeared was back in town yesterday and we had an opportunity to teach her along with a bunch of the neighborhood children that were over at her house. She is only 16 but seems to be that boss of what goes on in their home. She even makes her 16-year-old niece sit in and participate in the lessons.
We did service for Yolanda and Glory Ann this week. When we showed up in our shorts and t-shirts they were surprised and didn't think we were actually serious. They had plenty of weeding for us to do though. The people here really don't like seeing me work. They say silly things like "You're going to get itchy because your skin is white." I usually have to just start working before they have a chance to make up an excuse. I know they appreciate it in the end though. 
Aaron, I assume you're getting everything worked out for the skype call with Elder Lefevre. I'll make sure to mention what you wrote in your email just in case though. 
I love you all, 
Sister Beutler

No comments: